Sunday, October 01, 2006

I got tagged

Well, for a bit of a change I got tagged by Secret Sara. So for a bit of fun I thought I'd give it a whirl.

1. The last movie you saw in a theatre, and current-release movie you still want to see.

Well, since I'm not a big movie buff, the last film I saw at the cinema was Keeping Mum (last winter). And I actually have two movies I want to currently see, Hoodwinked, and The Black Dahlia

2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing.

Rent, a fantastic film which was sodding well not advertised over here at all, and disappeared from the cinema screens before I had the chance to see it there.

3. A movie that made you laugh out loud.

Um, plenty have. The most recent one I saw that amused me was Scary Movie 4

4. A movie that made you cry.

If I want a movie that will make me cry there is one that will do it every time, and that is Steel Magnolias. I sob at that film. Rent has a similar effect but I havent seen it as many times as Steel Magnolias. If I want a tv show that will make me cry then it will be in season 5 of Angel, the episode known as A Hole in the World. Angel fans will know what I'm talking about.

5. A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype.

Lost in Translation. Yes I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was as good as the critics were making out.

6. A movie that you thought was better than the critics.

I can't recall a film the critics have slated, but favourite underrated films of mine include Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Death to Smoochy, and Rent

7. Favorite animated movie

Basil the Great Mouse Detective, a brilliant Disney film which has somehow being overshadowed by others from the same time period. It was the first Disney film to use CGI animation and it starred Vincent Price as the nefarious villain, Ratigan. It was a play on Sherlock Holmes which is probably part of the reason I started reading Sherlock Holmes. Is it sad that at the age of 21 I can still reel off dialogue from this film perfectly?

I also adore Ice Age, Diego rocks!

8. Favorite Disney Villain.

Well after reading my favourite animated film how can my favourite villain be anyone but Ratigan? I mean come on, Vincent Price is a legend!
Scariest villain was probably Ursula once she went all big and tried to kill everyone.

9. Favorite movie musical.

Rent, but I also adore Little Shop of Horrors. Rick Moranis is a legend. Moulin Rouge is another favourite.

10. Favorite movies of all-time (up to 5).

1. Back to the Future; my all time favourite film. I want a time travelling delorian, preferably with a young Michael J Fox.
I cant really list the rest in an order so its all the films I've mentioned so far, plus a few others.

Apparently now I'm supposed to tag other people to do this, so I'll mention a few and if you fancy something to do, then do it. I pick Carmelo, The Natural Blue, Karen, The Thinker and Richard (you can do it on your Myspace, I know you read this, there's no escape, mwhahaha). Anyway normal blogging shall resume shortly, hopefully with an amusing post about inappropriate crushes.

3 comments:

vichchoobhai said...

Hi

The only context in which i have heard of cheshire is feline, grinning like a cheshire cat. I hope u r not feline and very much homo sapiens. Glad to know that u r a pharmacy honours and looking for a job. NO dearth. U will find openings galore. I too am from the sameline having done my masters in chemotherapy by making new molecules based on sullha drugs and inthe process clandestinely synsthesisign trimethoxyphenylelthylamine (Mescaline) and tasting abit of the filtrate on the sly and i cananot tell u about the aftermath the hangover but the experience was worthit. Have u read Hudley's Doors of Perception? It was just like that i saw visions, composed poetry, music, felt i was int he presence of God almighty. well, i had to pour cold water over my head, darink coconut water and sniff snuff to get over the hangover. More about it anon. If u r intersted inkeeping up the blog withme i invite u to repond and maybe we can exchangenotes. Rightnow, I am a consusltant in pharma industyr doing my bit to set up new units and advise people ( EASIER THAN DOING IT YOURSELF)

bYE AND WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE

bY THE WAY YOUR POSTISNG ON MOVIES U SAW BASED ON THE QUESTIONNAIRE FROM SECRET SARA GAVE ME THE IDEA THAT U HAVE MISSEE MUCH OF HOLLYWODD. HERE ARE MASTERPIECES GALORE WHICH U R TOO YOUNG TO HAVE SEEN. dO GO TO THE ARCHIVES AND PICKU A AFEW OF THEM AND THEN COMMENT.

bYE

Irene said...

Oh! I told myself I would make it a point to see the film version of "Rent." Thanks for reminding me!

Nice blog. Keep at it! c",)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't even realize I'd been tagged until today. This is my third tag in a week. I'll get to it soon!

Powered By Blogger

Rate me

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?