Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Super Scientist!

Since my last post probably wasn't all that fun to read through I bring you a gift of a light-hearted post.

In work we have to wear labcoats in the labs (it makes sense doesnt it?), and when we head out of aforementioned labs we have to take them off again, we can't wear them in the office area. This has lead to me using various techniques of taking off the labcoat.

My personal favourite is "The Superhero" thus named as it is reminiscent of all those superheroes ripping their normal clothing off to reveal their superhero outfit while rushing to save the day. I honestly do feel like a superhero doing that one. The only problem is that I can't seem to get a similar rhythm with the safety specs, they're very difficult to slip into a pocket of the labcoat while not wearing it but taking them off first ruins the whole stunningness of "The Superhero" technique.

Hmm aesthetics or functionality, which to choose?

7 comments:

Carmelo said...

Being honest, are you really bothered what your work-mates think?!!!!!
Or is the need to stun everybody a more personal thing? ;-)

Lola Cherry Cola said...

Well, it isnt really anything to do with my workmates, it just amuses me on a day to day basis. Yes, I'm easily pleased.

Anonymous said...

You could bear in mind the Clark Kent, slow motion glasses off before I jump into a phonebox move :D

Carmelo said...

Maybe we could think about incorporating a rear facing zip system?! like a wetsuit.

thethinker said...

Aesthetics vs. Functionality... That's a tough one.

I choose aesthetics.

SaneScientist said...

Beware of what you wear underneath though. A friend of mine once wore a blouse with poppers on the front. When attempting the "Superhero" move, she inadvertantly grabbed her blouse through the lab coat and proved to her entire lab that "Small" girls don't always choose to wear a bra...

Chief Scientist said...

Real superheroines don't tear clothes off ... they have an ancient Egyptian amulet they wear and then they spin around and their costume appears.

Powered By Blogger

Rate me

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?